Friday, March 15, 2013

Really Planning on Plastic Surgery?


Opting for cosmetic surgery like nose job or breast implants is an essential task, which means that you should think properly about why you want one. Here are some things to ask yourself to conclude if you should have one yourself.

According to a psychologist, cosmetic surgery is performed for social and psychological reasons and NOT operational reasons. It is meaningful for a patient to discover his motivation for wanting the surgery and if it is something that surgery can provide.

Being open with yourself is very important since you are the one who will live with the results. If you make a quick decision on surgery without even thinking twice about it, it could be the wrong course of action even if the process went well.

One example is, if everybody in your family has comparable ears and then you decide to have otoplasty to change yours, you may feel cut off from your family upon seeing the outcome. Don’t try having surgery on a whim. But if you have thought much about the procedure and the expected results, it would be quicker to deal with. Read more plastic surgery articles here.

Some Questions to Ask Yourself

Some people might seek out cosmetic surgery in order to fix some issues in life or during times when they don’t feel confident about themselves such as during a divorce. These are some bad reasons for having surgery.

Here are some questions to ask yourself before having plastic surgery:

           How long have I thought about the surgery?
           Did something in particular trigger this desire?
           What is my life situation at present?
           What is my reason for having surgery now?
           Are there alternative ways to achieve the results I am longing for?

You can also ask yourself:

           Am I anticipating that my surgery will change my life apart from my appearance?
           Am I thinking of cosmetic surgery for myself or simply to please other people?
           Am I anticipating that the surgery will improve my relationship?
           Am I anticipating that surgery will also improve my job prospects or social skills?
           Can surgery truly give me the results I want?

If you are feeling anxious or alarmed about your social situations, relationship or work, you shouldn’t think that surgery will change them. Rather, you must think of counseling. Talking with a counselor can help you look for ways to get rid of these anxieties and boost your self-esteem.

In the end, if you decide to proceed with cosmetic surgery you should be careful in choosing a plastic surgeon. Here’s how to find a plastic surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment